Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Welcome to Eye and Voice

Let’s bring Change!
This being my first post in this blog, let me try and provide a preface.

I believe that being curious is quite important and a ‘necessity’ of sorts. It is fundamental to invention and change. Like, if we were never curious to know about other planets, we would have never known so much about space. From amazing projects/ innovations like Large Hordon Collider to something as basic as needle, all are outcomes of our curiosity to find solutions, know things better and change for good.

If human curiosity could be satiated, nothing in material world could have so much evolved. Imagine, if we just weren’t keen to talk seamlessly while on move, mobile phones would have never come up.

But the curiosity that I am referring in this blog doesn't stop here. Instead it starts from here and attempts to take on larger issues which as a common, educated and civilized Indian, one may find intriguing.

I am quite sure that many Indians, who have grown up observing so many good and bad things about our great country, have felt the urge to change things. Also, most of us have been curious on why things aren’t reaching at ground level and why certain things are virtually untouched.

I am sure that many of us, wonder why isn’t there any concrete approach to next agrarian revolution or cleaner cities, better traffic management, concrete rural development goals and action plans, better policing, greater support for Indian army personnel, accountable ministries, transparency, cleaner politics, eradication of grass root level poverty, right to better health, end to corruption etc etc.

I’ve realized that it is not enough for me to just ideate alone and then sleep cribbing why we aren’t at par with so many nations (in different parameters) while we have such a growing economy, affluent middle income class, demographic divided, democracy and committed individuals.

It would be imperative for an average Indian to raise his voice, stand up for his country and debate to see India evolve for a much better tomorrow. I think it is easy for us to write-off our politicians and criticize policies, but I think we earn the right to criticize if we can truly invest our energy to find alternative hypothesis.

I hope that this blog grows on people as it slowly touches and connects with their minds and their hearts. I am quite sure that not all of my opinion can be correct and not that all people would agree; and I truly hope that in the India of tomorrow we have this constructive debate and differences to usher continued sustainable and comprehensive socio-economic development.

This blog would make its humble attempt to cover topics ranging from economic issues to politics to policy to social issues etc. It would be mainly critique and my take on these issues.

If you truly feel the urge to change, pls join in this journey!


I hope that this blog can help me connect to like minded individuals who have interest in economics, social development, politics and democracy.

Indeed, it takes an Eye to Observe and a Voice for Change!

Jai Hind!

No comments:

Post a Comment